Our library is a well-loved resource and demands on it continue to grow.
Belmont Public Library Usage at a Glance:
- 10th highest circulating library in Massachusetts right after much larger cities and towns, such as Cambridge, Boston, and Newton
- 254,000+ patron visits a year*
- 2/3rds of Belmont residents have a library card (More than 16,500 cards in use)
- The library building is open to the public 66 hours a week, 340 days a year
- During the pandemic, although the building was closed for some time, online resources and services remained available 24 x 7
- 1,000 patrons on average visit the library every day
- 700+ library programs are offered each year; 17,000+ attendees*
- 648,000+ books and resources are borrowed annually*
*FY 19 numbers reported – pre-pandemic
Our library is our community. To learn more about the programming and resources of our library, go here on the Belmont Public Library site to read the Annual Report and the Long Range Plan.