Demand on Our Library is Growing
Our library is a well-loved resource and demands on it continue to grow. Per Belmont Public Library State Reporting, in 2018 the Belmont Public Library:
- Hosted an average of 1,000 visits per day
- Serviced 15,353 borrowers, more than 60% of the town’s total population
- Lent out more than 600,000 collection materials; that is an average of 185 materials each hour of operation
- Held 772 programs with more than 18,000 attendees
- Answered more than 30,000 reference questions
- Ranked 10th in the State for number of circulated items, far more than libraries in cities and towns with much larger populations
Demand continues to increase as the school population expands rapidly, with more than 100 additional students entering the public schools each year.
To learn more about the programming and resources of our library, go here on the Belmont Public Library site to read the Annual Report and the Long Range Plan.